- Some bumps in the road - india ink that I thought was waterproof, but turns out it was only fadeproof = a mess, oh and lots of cursing (and perhaps a few foot stomps, but I won't say for sure), and washing off and then re-working all the ink on 3 canvases. [Note to Self: read a label, even if in a hurry, it will save time, and limit the stress]
- Wanting to give up on a canvas [or 3], and then a moment later finding what I had hoped to find in the piece I was just going to give up on, and feeling that pure rush of joy pass through my body. [Note to Self: Re-evaluating is always preferable to giving up]
- Realising for the 53,679th time, that a sketch can not be relied on once the painting starts, it's going to change a gazillion times from conception to finishing. [Note to Self: change can really be OK]
- Painting or creating for a deadline is totally different than just creating to create, and each time I am working on a deadline I ask myself to please remember to remember to spend some times creating just to create, but once the current deadline is finished, I have other projects vying for attention and I tell myself I have to get to those other deadlines, and I really just don't have time to mess around in my studio. [Note to Self: look at readjusting that kind of thinking]
- Knowing and then recognising that moment when the painting is done and allowing it to be done. [Note to Self: Overworking happens when I am not listening to the canvas, and when I am listening to that endless chatter in my head. Turn the volume down on the head chatter, most of it is insecure nonsense anyway.]
- Designing/Painting/Drawing is work that I quite simply and totally adore, and when I am truly in the moment doing any of the above, nothing else matters. [Note to Self: How lucky am I that I figured that one out early on...]
- You are eligible to submit up to 4 pieces of work
- There are NO size limitations on your work, so go big if you are so moved!
If you have questions, if you have worries, if you need a virtual hand to hold, if you want to wax poetic about how excited you are about your work, please, please, contact me.